Dr Ying Yang
Senior Lecturer in Operations Management DPD for Dual Degree in Operations Management
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 1593
- Address: Room 8.13
Newcastle University Business School
5 Barrack Road
Newcastle upon Tyne
Ying is an active researcher in operations strategy,
supply chain management and business service. Her work has received well
recognition and published in leading international journals. Among others, Ying
is a reviewer forInternational
Journal of Operations and Production Management, Supply Chain Management: an
International Journal and International Journal of Production Research. Her work has been regularly presented at international
academy conference. Before joining Newcastle University, Dr. Yang researched
and lectured at the University of Ulster and Aberystwyth University. She is also an adjunct Professor for
Management Development Institute, India from 2013.
Ying is very happy to cooperate with researchers in the similar areas, and to discuss research proposals in these areas with prospective PhD students. Please feel free to contact if interested.
Roles and Responsibilities
Degree Programme Director - Dual Degree in Operations Management (with the University of Groningen)
Postgraduate Certificate of Teaching in High Education
PhD in Operations Management
MSc International Management
Master in Industry Economic Management
ESRC Research Training Funding (2013)
ESRC Research Training Funding (2011)
International Travel Grant by Royal Academy of Engineering (2009)
Research Training Funding (2008)
International Conference Travel Grant Awarded by Royal Academy of Engineering (2004)
Vice Chancellor Research scholarship from Ulster University for PhD research study
Scholarship from Loughborough University for MSc study
University of Ulster for MBA, Master of Business Studies and PhD candidates (2013 – 2016)
PhD examiner for University of Ulster
A fellow of the Higher Educational Academy
Supply Chain Stream
Supply Chain Resilience and Risk Management
Behavioural Supply Chain Management and Decision Making in the Supply Chain
Supply Chain Relationships, Strategy, and Sustainability
Operations Strategy- postponement, decoupling points
Service operations management, and knowledge management in organisations.
Ying encourages queries and applications in areas such as supply chain sustainability, buyer and supplier collaboration and relationship development, supply chain risk management, operations strategy and operations services etc.
NBS8221 Operations Management
NBS8330 DD dissertation
- Oyedijo A, Yang Y, Hicks C, Dong J. An Exploratory Study of Fairness Perceptions in Supply Chain Relationships. In: 24th Annual European Operations Management Association Conference (EurOMA). 2017, Edinburgh, UK.
- Yang Y, Yang B, Humphreys P, McIvor R, Cadden T. An Investigation into E-business Service in the UK Telecommunication Manufacturing Industry. Production Planning & Control 2017, (ePub ahead of print).
- Wikner J, Yang B, Yang Y, Williams S. Decoupling thinking in service operations: a case in healthcare delivery system design. Production Planning and Control 2017, 28(5), 387-397.
- Oyedijo A, Yang Y. Drivers of Relationship Quality and Supply Chain Collaboration: Evidence from a Developing Economy. In: 24th International Conference on Production Research (ICPR). 2017, Poznan, Poland. 2017. Submitted.
- Alfarsi F, Lemke F, Yang Y. Supply Chain Resilience: Empirical Evidence of Purpose, Mechanism, Composition, and Outcome. In: 24th Annual European Operations Management Association Conference (EurOMA). 2017, Edinburgh, UK.
- Cadden T, Marshall H, Humphreys P, Yang Y. Old Habits Die Hard: Exploring the Effect of Supply Chain Dependency and Culture on Performance Outcomes and Relationship Satisfaction. Production Planning and Control 2015, 26(1), 53-77.
- Yang Y, Yang B. The Impact of Logistics Service on Supply Chain Performance. In: 21st International Annual EurOMA Conference. 2014, Palermo, Italy: Euroma.
- Yang Y, He XM. Bridging diversity to achieve engagement: A study on Newcastle University Business School. In: North East Universities (3 Rivers Consortium) Annual Learning and Teaching Conference. 2012, Teesside University, UK.
- Yang Y, Roesch M. Lean maintenance in aircraft services company: a case study . In: EuroMA. 2012, Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- Yang Y, Humphreys P, McIvor R, Yang Y. E-business Service in the UK Telecommunication industry. In: 18th International Annual EurOMA Conference. 2011, Cambridge University, UK.
- Marian B, Yang Y. Green Purchasing Implementation: Status and Barriers of German Manufacturing. In: The International Conference on Production Research (ICPR). 2011, Stuttgart, Germany.
- Yang Y, Humphreys P, McIvor R, Yang B. E-business services and business performance: a study of the telecommunications manufacturing industry. Production Planning and Control 2010, 21(5), 496-507.
- Yang B, Yang Y. Postponement in supply chain risk management: a complexity perspective. International Journal of Production Research 2010, 48(7), 1901-1912.
- Yang B, Yang Y. Service postponement: translating manufacturing postponement to service operations. Journal of Manufacturing Technology Management 2010, 21(4), 470-483.
- Yang B, Yang Y. Postponement for the service industry. In: 15th International Annual EurOMA Conference. 2008, Groningen, Netherlands.
- Yang B, Yang Y, Wijngaard J. Postponement: an inter-organisational perspective. International Journal of Production Research 2007, 45(4), 971-988.
- Wang CG, Yang Y, Williams S. Supply Chain Collaboration in the Greater Pearl River Delta Port Network. In: Logisitics Research Network Annual Conference. 2007, Hull, UK.
- Yang Y, Humphreys P, McIvor R. Business service quality dimensions in an e-commerce environment. Supply Chain Management: an International Journal 2006, 11(3), 195-201.
- Yang Y, Humphreys P, McIvor R. Normal 0 false false false EN-GB ZH-CN X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 The impact of logistics service on manufacturing performance. In: International Conference of Logistics Service. 2006, Hong Kong, China.
- Yang B, Yang Y, Wijngaard J. Impact of postponement on transportation: an environmental perspective. International Journal of Logistics Management 2005, 16(2), 192-204.
- Yang Y, Humphreys P, McIvor R. The impact of operations service on performance outcomes in an E-commerce Environment. In: the EurOMA International Conference on Operations and Global Competitiveness 2005. 2005, Budapest, Hungary.
- Yang B, Yang Y. Transport impact of postponement. In: EurOMA International Conference. 2005, Budapest, Hungary.
- Yang Y, Humphreys P, McIvor R. Business service quality dimensions in an e-commerce environment. In: 11th Annual International EurOMA Conference (EUROMA). 2004, Fontainebleau, France.
- Yang Y, Humphreys P, McIvor R. The impact of e-commerce on B2B services. In: 8th International Symposium on International Business. 2002, Cambridge University.