Dr Jong Shin
Lecturer in Economics
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 1677
- Address: Room 7.24
Newcastle University Business School
5 Barrack Road
Newcastle upon Tyne
- PhD in Economics State University of New York at Buffalo
- Fellow of Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
- PostGraduate Certificate of Higher Education Training (PGCHET)
- MA in Economics, State University of New York at Buffalo
- BA in Economics, Yonsei University (Seoul Korea)
- Lecturer in Economics, Queen’s University Belfast, UK
- Daishin Securities, Seoul, South Korea
- Goodyear Fellowship
- Dean’s Fellowship, State Univ. of New York at Buffalo
- University Graduate Assistantship, State Univ. of New York at Buffalo
Financial Economics, International Economics, Macroeconomics
NBS8332 Financial Theory
NBS8335 Corporate Finance
ECO3002 Advanced Macroeconomics
NBS8019 Research Methods
NBS8332 Financial Theory and Corporate Policy
- Bhattacharjee A, Shin JK, Subramanian C, Swaminathan S. Healthcare Investment and Income Inequality. Journal of Health Economics 2017, (ePub ahead of Print).
- Shin J, Subramanian C. Monetary policy and noise traders: A welfare analysis. Journal of Macroeconomics 2016, 49, 33-45.
- Kim I, Hong E, Shin JK, Sun L. Some Bad News Is Good News for Foreign Investors: The Case of Intellectual Property Rights Infringement in China. Thunderbird International Business Review 2016.
- Lee J, Kim J, Shin J. US Interest rate policy spillover and international capital flow: Evidence from Korea. Bank of Korea Working Paper Series 2016.
- Shin JK, Subramanian C. Disinflation with Labor Market Frictions. Journal of Macroeconomics 2014, 41, 1-15.
- Shin JK, Subramanian C. Global Imbalances and Financial Fragility. In: Global Cooperation Among G20 Countries. India, South Asia: Springer, 2014.
- Shin JK, Subramanian C. PPP vs. Fixed Exchange Rate Rules: A Welfare and Stability Analysis. The Manchester School 2012, 80(3), 321-354.
- Ehrlich I, Shin JK, Yin Y. Private Information, Human Capital, and Optimal “Home Bias” in Financial Markets. Journal of Human Capital 2011, 5(3).
- Ehrlich I, Shin JK. Human Capital and Imperfectly Informed Financial Markets . American Economic Review 2010, 100(2).