Dr Edward Law
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 2240
- Address: Wolfson Childhood Cancer Research Centre,
Northern Institute for Cancer Research,
Herschel Building, Level 6,
Newcastle upon Tyne,
- 2011. Bath - Master of Biochemistry (MBiochem)
- 2016, University of Leicester - Doctor of Philosophy in Cancer Sciences (PhD)
I am interested in the genetic determinants of drug sensitivity in human cancers. Combining in vitro, in vivo and bioinformatics approaches, I hope to discover new genetic weaknesses to exploit. I am particularly interested in analyses of genetic data from tumour samples in clinical trials. I have experience in the analysis of somatic copy number alterations and their link to survival.
My current project involves determining the role that the regulation of alternative splicing plays in drug sensitivity in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukaemia.
- Busacca S, Law EW, Powley IR, Proia DA, Sequeira M, LeQuesne J, Klabatsa A, Edwards JM, Matchett KB, Luo JL, Pringle JH, El-Tanani M, MacFarlane M, Fennell DA. Resistance to HSP90 inhibition involving loss of MCL1 addiction. Oncogene 2016, 35(12), 1483–1492.
- Richards MW, Law EW, Rennalls LP, Busacca S, O'Regan L, Fry AM, Fennell DA, Bayliss R. Crystal structure of EML1 reveals the basis for Hsp90 dependence of oncogenic EML4-ALK by disruption of an atypical β-propeller domain. Proceedings of the National Academy of Science 2014, 111(14), 5195-200.
- Nikaido M, Law EW, Kelsh RN. A systemic survey of expression and function of zebrafish frizzled genes. PLoS One 2013.