Find out about specialist equipment and research and event space available in Culture Lab.
We have the following specialist equipment available for University staff and students to hire:
- stills cameras
- video cameras
- audio recording
- green screen
How to book
To book equipment contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Research and event spaces
To book research and event spaces contact email@example.com
The Ballroom is a performance and events space. It has two connected spaces that can host up to 50 people separately, or up to 150 when combined. A listed sprung floor make these ideal for energetic and more physically demanding activities.
The room is also suitable for creative experimentation, formal presentations and collaborative workshops. It contains:
- a sound system
- HD projection system
- ceiling mounted gantry
- theatre-quality curtains (enabling adjustments to the acoustics and providing black out for film screenings)
Culture Lab also houses an industry-standard recording studio facility. This includes:
- an anechoic 'live room'
- a fully-fitted control room
- a variety of MIDI devices
- multichannel monitoring facilities
- small selection of instruments and amplifiers
- portable recording devices and speakers.
We have high quality HD video editing systems in a quiet, comfortable, dedicated environment. All are equipped with Intel-based Mac editing systems including:
- Adobe CC
- Final Cut Pro
- Pro Tools
- Logic and a variety of open source tools