Dr Jingqi Zhu
Lecturer in International Business Mngmt
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: Newcastle University Business School
5 Barrack Road
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Jingqi Zhu received her PhD degree from Cardiff University in 2015 and joined Newcastle University Business School in the same year.
Jingqi's research focuses on the globalisation of services and its labour and organisational consequences. She has engaged in her work with a range of theories, including: comparative institutional theory, global value chain and sociology of work. She has conducted extensive empirical research in a number of sectors including accountancy, law, IT services and business process outsourcing. She enjoys conducting field studies involving interviews and participant observations. Her research has a strong comparative dimensions, focusing specifically on China, Japan and the UK.
Jingqi has published articles in leadings journals including Accounting, Organisations and Society, Human Relations, Organization and Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal. Her paper has recently been awarded for Best Critical Paper on International Business in the 77th Academy of Management Conference in 2017.
She is a member of the Academy of Management (AOM) and American Sociological Association (ASA).
- Globalisation of accounting firms and corporate law firms
- Global outsourcing services, global value chain
- Sociology of work
- Comparative political economy
Professions, Work and Organisation (PWO)
Strategy, Organisation and Society (SOS)
Human Resource Management, Work and Employment (HRMWE)
I supervise PhD students and have acted as external examiner for PhD viva. I welcome applications from prospective PhD students in the similar research areas and I am happy to discuss ideas. If you are interested, please email me your CV and research proposal.
BUS1012 International Business and Management
BUS2074 Global Perspectives in Managing People and Organisation
BUS3021 International Human Resource Management
NBS8142 Current issues in International Business and Management
- Zhu J, Morgan G. Global supply chains, institutional constraints and firm level adaptations: A comparative study of Chinese service outsourcing firms. Human Relations 2017, Epub ahead of print.
- Spence C, Zhu J, Endo T, Matsubara S. Money, honour and duty: Global professional service firms in comparative perspective. Accounting, Organisations and Society 2017, 62, 82-97.
- Zhu J, Delbridge R. Infantilisation and 'tough love' in the Chinese workplace: Towards a new form of paternalism?. In: 77th Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management. 2017, Atlanta, US.
- Belal A, Spence C, Carter C, Zhu J. The Big 4 in Bangladesh: Caught between the global and the local. Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal 2017, 30(1), 145-163.
- Murphy J, Zhu J. Neo-colonialism in the academy? Anglo-American domination in management journals. Organization 2012, 19(6), 915-927.
- Zhu J, Wei W. HR strategy and practices in Chinese multinational companies. In: Julian, C; Ahmed, Z; Xu, J, ed. Research Handbook on the Globalisation of Chinese Firms. Edward Elgar Publishing, 2014.
- Yi L, Zhu J. Knowledge Management (in Chinese). Shanghai: Fudan University, 2008.