Dr Doris Xin
Teaching Fellow in Accounting & Finance
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44(0) 191 208 1660
- Address: Office 7.24
Newcastle University Business School
5 Barrack Road
Newcastle upon Tyne
Prior to joining NUBS in September 2015, Dr Xin undertook a PhD in Accounting and Finance and MSc in Accounting and Finance at Durham University.
Her research interests focus on market-based risk disclosures, with a primary focus on the measurement of risk narratives, the determinants and financial consequences of voluntary and mandatory risk disclosures. She has working papers which have been submitted or are pending submission to journals such as British Accounting Review, Accounting and Business Research.
- corporate voluntary disclosures (quantitative and qualitative)
- risk management
- earnings forecast and earnings quality
- corporate internal control and governance issues
- investor recognition and stock issue
- ACC2003 'Financial Control' (Module leader)
- NBS8224 'Performance and Decision Management' (Module leader)
- NBS8225 'Performance and Decision Management' (Module leader)
- Introduction to Management Accounting
- Management Accounting and Cost Control
- Xin J, Guo J, Sheng X, Liu P. Investor Recognition and Secondary Offering: A Cross Country Study. 2017. In Preparation.
- Xin J, Hussain S, Salama A, Dixon R. Risk disclosure narratives in UK annual reports and their utility to financial analysts. 2016. In Preparation.
- Xin J, Hussain S, Salama A, Dixon R, Su S. Forward-looking risk disclosures by UK firms: a multi-equation analysis. 2015. In Preparation.