Dr Elaine Tan
Lecturer in Innovation in Management Education
- Telephone: 0191 81690
- McNaughton J, Crick T, Joyce-Gibbons A, Beauchamp G, Young N, Tan E. Facilitating collaborative learning between two primary schools using large multi-touch devices. Journal of Computers in Education 2017, Epub ahead of print.
- Tan E, Loughlin E. Using ‘Formally’ Informal Blogs to Create Learning Communities for Students on a Teaching and Learning Programme: Peer Mentoring and Reflective Spaces. In: Francisco José García-Peñalvo and Antonio Miguel Seoane Pardo, ed. Online Tutor 2.0: Methodologies and Case Studies for Successful Learning. IGI Global, 2014, pp.163-175.
- Tan E. Informal learning on YouTube: exploring digital literacy in independent online learning. Learning, Media and Technology 2013, 38(4).
- Pearce N, Tan E. Online Videos in the Classroom: Exploring the Opportunities and Barriers to the Use of YouTube in Teaching Introductory Sociology. In: Seo, Kay Kyeong-Ju, ed. Using Social Media Effectively in the Classroom: Blogs, Wikis, Twitter and more. 2013, pp.132-146.
- Pearce N, Tan E. Virtual learning environments and the zombification of learning and teaching in British Universities. In: Whelan, Andrew, Walker, Ruth & Moore, Christopher, ed. Zombies in the Academy: Living death in higher education. Intellect, 2013, pp.137-146.