Dr Ana Javornik
Lecturer in Marketing
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 01912082013
Ana Javornik, PhD, is a Lecturer in Marketing at Newcastle University Business School. She teaches Dissertation and Research Methods, both for postgraduate students. Her research focuses on digital marketing and consumer behaviour with a specialization in augmented reality. She completed her PhD in June 2016 at Università della Svizzera italiana in Lugano, Switzerland, where she also obtained her MSc in Corporate Communication and Marketing in 2011. During her PhD studies she received Swiss National Science Foundation grant for prospective researchers to spend a year at UCL Interaction Centre working in the area of human-computer interaction. After her PhD she conducted a 6-months project "Augmented Self" in collaboration with agency Holition, for which she obtained UCL Enterprise funding. Ana lectured at Kozminski University (Warsaw), University of Ljubljana and University College London through Erasmus Teaching Mobility program. Her work has been published in Journal of Marketing Management, Journal of Retailing and Customer Services, ACM Designing Interactive Systems '16 Proceedings (Best paper award) and Harvard Business Review (online version). Her Twitter account: @AnaJavornik.
Ana's research focuses on consumer behaviour and consumer experience with emerging technologies, especially with augmented reality. She looks at how users respond to different formats of augmented reality in various contexts and their effects on perception and behaviour. Some of Ana's research is interdisciplinary, as she also draws on approaches from human-computer interaction. Ana is a Research Associate at University College London Interaction Centre and at digital agency Holition.
NBS8512 - Dissertation (PG)NB8062 - Research methods (PG)
Ana supervises Bachelor and Master theses in the following areas: digital marketing, digital consumer behaviour, consumer experience, augmented reality, virtual reality and social media. She is also available to supervise PhD students on topics in these areas.
- Javornik A. Directions for Studying User Experience with Augmented Reality in Public. In: Jung,Timothy;tom Dieck,M, ed. Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality: Empowering Human, Place and Business. Springer, 2018.
- Javornik A, Pizzetti M. “Mirror Mirror on the Wall, Who is Real of Them All?” – The Role of Augmented Self, Expertise and Personalisation in the Experience with Augmented Reality Mirror . NA - Advances in Consumer Research 2017, Vol 45. In Press.
- Javornik A, Rogers Y, Gander D, Moutinho A. MagicFace: Stepping into Character through an Augmented Reality Mirror. In: CHI '17 Proceedings of the 2017 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems. 2017, Denver, US: ACM.
- Javornik A. "It's an illusion, but it looks real!" Consumer affective, cognitive and behavioural responses to augmented reality applications. Journal of Marketing Management 2016, 32(9-10), 987-1011.
- Javornik A. Augmented reality: Research agenda for studying the impact of its media characteristics on consumer behaviour. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services 2016, 30, 252-261.
- Javornik A, Rogers Y, Moutinho AM, Freeman R. Revealing the Shopper Experience of Using a "Magic Mirror" Augmented reality Make-Up Application. In: Designing Interactive Systems DIS '16. 2016, Brisbane, Australia.
- Javornik A. Behavioral perspectives of customer engagement: An exploratory study of customer engagement with three Swiss FMCG brands. Journal of Database Marketing & Customer Strategy Management 2012, 19(4), 300-310.