Last month the Business School launched the second edition of our financial trading training in partnership with market leader, Amplify Trading.
The School and London based firm offered students the opportunity to take part in a unique 3-day practical financial trading experience.
Over three days students were asked to engage with contemporary financial markets from the reference point of an asset manager, investment bank sales trader, proprietary and hedge fund.
Participants received full industry recognised performance reports as they progressed through each role. This hands-on training, using a real-time financial trading platform, took place in the lab. Each day there was some theory teaching followed by practical trading both individually and in pairs.
Over the three days candidates were:
- able to confidently explain the key drivers of contemporary asset price volatility.
- operated as a market maker and sales trader as they experience both the buy side and sell of industry using Amplify Trading's flow trading systems utilised by all their investment bank clients.
- analysed live financial markets by applying advanced technical analysis techniques across asset classes.
- applied a macroeconomic understanding to trade across international financial markets in response to breaking financial news and analysis.
- experienced first-hand, the implications of behavioural finance and the gap between financial theory and practice.
A second session will be held in June.
published on: 7 April 2017