Date/Time: Wednesday 30 November 2016, 17:30 - 19:30
Venue: Newcastle University Business School, Room 4.08
Speaker: Dr Sara Maioli, Lecturer in Economics
Join Dr Sara Maioli, Lecturer in Economics at Newcastle University Business School, as she discusses the EU single market and free movement of people and the implications Brexit will have.
Topics covered will be:
- Why does the EU require the free movement of people in order to access the single market?
- What are the implications of trading with the EU outside the single market?
- Will the UK be able to export its services in the same way?
- What are long-term implications for us if the UK has no free trade agreement with the EU?
- Points-based immigration system: What is it? Why has the Prime Minister opposed it?