These can include careers such as:
- laboratory scientists in hospitals, universities, research institutes and industry
- science communicators eg journalists, medical writers, PR, medical charities
- teachers in schools or colleges
- roles in industry eg marketing, brand management, medical sales
- patent work
- science funding, policy and administration
Develop your skills
You can do work experience in research laboratories through vacation placements, and our second year part-time laboratory assistant scheme.
The University Careers Service offers careers guidance and advice throughout your studies and up to three years after graduation.